"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field" Matthew 9:37-38
To provide opportunities for believers to obey the Great Commission, boldly witnessing to our city and world that Jesus Christ is the risen Son of God; through Evangelism, Demonstrations of God's power, and Faithful acts of Christian service.
- Pray for those in our church, requests, ministries, and services
- Cultivate a vision for world and local missions
- Promote intercessory prayer for world needs
- Organize mission conferences
- Facilitate on-going missions financial support campaigns
- Plan short and long-term mission trips
- City on a Hill: This on-going outreach is a partnership with City on a Hill ministry (2224 W Kilbourn Ave). Ministry provides care for homeless and low-income families the 2nd Saturday of each month from 10:30am to 3:30pm. Volunteers serve in on-going chapel worship and prayer service, one-on-one evangelism, and Women's Life Group facilitation. Other volunteer service opportunities directly through the ministry in medical/health services, food services, and food pantry are available.
- Teen Challenge Outreach: This ministry's effort involves participating in Bible Studies at the Teen Challenge homes for women and men recovering from addiction. Volunteers must agree to attend and participate in these Bible Studies.
- Assemblies of God Missions: The Assemblies of God supports missionaries in Africa, Asia Pacific, Latin America/Carribean, Eurasia, Europe, and Northern Asia.
- Kasana Worship Center (link with page of full story and information): Parklawn is participates with World Outreach Center, in missions trips and crusades in partnering with this Kasana Worship Center, in the process of building a new church from the ground up.
Footsteps of the Apostle Paul (September 2016) Cruise from Rome & Visit Italy, Greece and Turkey. Join Bishop Harvey and Lady Judy for “The Footsteps of the Apostle Paul” cruise September 20th - 30th, 2016. We will experience the sights and sounds of early Christianity as we cruise from Rome to such cities as Ephesus, Corinth and Athens; all places associated with the Apostle’s missionary journeys. Come with us as we bring his story to life on land and at sea aboard the Jewel of the Seas. As your host I will lead times of prayer and spiritual services throughout our trip.
Contact Trip Agent, Lue Ann Cruises/ Cruise Planners for more information including the cost of this all inclusive trip and to receive a brochure.
So All Can Hear Missions Campaign: The Assemblies of God 2012 “So All Can Hear” campaign was the inspiration for this fundraising effort. We are convinced that the gospel in all of its transformative power must be shared throughout the world. This means we are partnering with those called to mission fields around the world to undertake the great task of spreading the love of God and the message that Jesus Christ is Lord! We have three projects that we are raising money for; our church, a new church van to pick up those who are disabled, or have no way to church, Kasana Worship Center, a church built from the ground up in Kasana, Africa, and our continued support of world missionaries.
- “So All Can Hear” Banquet and Fashion Show – Save the Date! September 28, 2013, “So All Can Hear Missions Banquet and Fashion Show. Tickets are available for purchase now!
- Prison Ministry: This ministry involves working with the House of Correction, Milwaukee Secure Detention Center Facility (MSDF), and the Metro Women's Center. Bible Studies are held inside these facilities weekly. Volunteers are needed to assist with clerical work at the church, mentoring after release, and facilitation of these Bible Studies.
- Stephen Ministry: This ministry involves caring for persons who are sick, hospitalized, home bound, and in nursing homes. Volunteers work with the coordinator by making phone calls, writing letters, sending cards, and visiting individuals and families in need.
- Bereavement and Funeral Care: This ministry cares for those who have experienced the loss of loved ones and are dealing with grief. Volunteers work with the coordinator to respond and visit individuals and families as needed.
- Silver Saints (60+): This ministry is for saints over the age of 60 years old and is focused on offering luncheons, outings and classes. Volunteers work with the coordinator to assist in organizing activities.
Pastor Mary Hinton
414-442-7411 x 111