The next Baby Dedication will be held in Spring 2022.
“Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it.” – Proverbs 22:6 NKJV
Why We Practice Baby Dedication?
- Jesus blessed children by laying his hands on them and praying for them. (Matthew 19: 14-15)
- Children are a gift from God. (Psalms 127:3)
- God instructs parents to train their children in His ways through understanding the Bible. (Deuteronomy 6:4-7, Proverbs 22:6, Ephesians 6:4)
- In the Bible, parents presented their children to God. (1 Samuel 1, Job 1:5)
- As your spiritual family/local church, we publicly affirm our support of your child and family.
Doctrinal Position Concerning Baby Dedication
The Assemblies of God (the cooperative fellowship of churches Parklawn is affiliated with) holds to a belief in Baby Dedication rather than baptism of children or infant baptism. We practice “Believers’ Baptism”.
Instead of “Infant” Baptism, we practice Baby Dedication. We pray over children publicly in the presence of their parents, godparents, family, and friends. We devote children to the Lord. We pray they will make the decision to choose Christ at an age of accountability (a point at which they can make a conscious decision to do so); and live in relationship with Jesus Christ. Baby Dedication is a time where parents and godparents agree to raise the child/children to become a Christian.