From the Governor of Wisconsin – Mass Gathering Restrictions
Frequently Asked Questions about PAOG during COVID-19 Crisis
The church office will remain open this week during regular business hours (Monday- Friday: 10 a.m.- 3 p.m.), but all non-service-related activities are cancelled (i.e. meetings, Aspire, YTH Evolution, etc.) The church will also be open on Sunday mornings from 8 a.m.-1 p.m. if you would like to hand deliver your tithes and offering.
The Secure Give Mobile App or our church website (parklawnag.org) can be used online as well as our newest feature, Cash App! Donations can be made to $PAOGMKE. Giving designations (tithe, offering, etc.), can be stated in the notes section. You can also deliver your tithes and offerings to the church office in person, through the Giving Kiosks or by mail at 3725 N. Sherman, Milwaukee, WI 53216.
We will have Sunday service online only through Facebook Live until further notice. Time will still be 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. These online services will feature worship, a rich message, and prayer. No, you do not need a Facebook account to view the service. Go to Facebook.com and type in Parklawn Assembly of God. It will take you to the proper page. Or, go to our church website and click the link entitled, “Facebook Live”.
Most recently, Governor Evers has issued a #SaferAtHome order which requires individuals to stay in their homes unless going to essential locations such as the grocery store, doctor’s office, pharmacy, or getting exercise outside. Restaurants will remain open for take-out. Employees who can, will have to work remotely. Churches weren’t named specifically, but we will comply to the greatest degree possible.
Members of our leadership team including elders, pastors and ministers will make “Care Calls” to connect with members throughout the week for encouragement, prayer and counseling. If you need prayer, please contact the church at 414-442-7411, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on our website at parklawnag.org.
We will continue service online until further direction has been given by state and local officials.
We will post updates on our website (parklawnag.org), social media sites, email and signage on the doors. You can now receive text messages directly from Parklawn by texting the word PAOG to 76959. You may also call the church office during our normal business hours. Please call the church office to report a change in your phone number and/or email address.
Here are some recommendations that were provided by the White House
• If someone in your house has tested positive, keep the entire household at home. Do not go to work or school.
• If you are an older person, stay home and away from other people.
• If you have a serious underlying health condition, stay home and away from others.
• Avoid discretionary travel, shopping trips and social visits.
• Avoid eating or drinking in restaurants bars and food courts. Use drive-through, pickup and delivery options.
• Do not visit nursing homes or retirement or long-term care facilities unless you are there to provide critical assistance.
• Practice good hygiene such as washing your hands, especially after touching frequently used items or surfaces. Avoid touching your face.
• Be prayerful.
• Continue to be faithful in your giving.
• Join us on Facebook Live for our services and prayer meetings. You do not need a Facebook page for access.
• Check on friends and loved ones. Care for one another.
• Support the efforts of the church as we determine how we can care for the community.
Our elders, pastors and ministers are making care calls to check on senior citizens. During these calls they offer words of encouragement, prayer and counseling as needed.
While we recognize the importance of being a good steward over personal finances, it is equally important to continue being faithful in paying tithes during times of crisis. The tithe belongs to the Lord (Malachi 3:10). These contributions help the church to fulfil its vision and mission which does not stop during times of crisis.
Members of the Next Generation Team will provide virtual lessons for children. Check our website for a start date.
Parklawn does not feature a pantry but here are a few locations that have food resources and other important items:
• Sherman Park Community Association, 3001-3099 N. 41st St.
• All Saints Catholic Church, 4051 N. 25th St.
• St Mark AME Church, 1616 W. Atkinson Ave.
• Eastbrook Church, 5353 N. Green Bay Ave.
• Bethany Lutheran Church, 2031 N. 38th St.
Parklawn does have a process for benevolence. Candidates must complete an application for review. Determination will be made based upon need and availability of church resources.
As stated on the City of Milwaukee Health Department’s website, if you have recently traveled to an area with community spread or have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19 and has symptoms, please call your primary care provider. Do not seek care without calling ahead.